Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Good to be @ DDMS...

So Happy to See You at this Great Place to Learn!



Welcome 6th graders!  I can't wait to start another great new year.   



My name is Shelby Houghton. I teach Social Studies for the 6th Grade Dolphin Team. This will be my sixth year teaching at Dillard Drive. I have taught for 15 years total with 6 of those years teaching 5th graders. 


I grew up in the Midwest in the states of Iowa and Nebraska and graduated from 
the University of Nebraska in 2001.


*In September we will have a curriculum night to explain the grading system and basic descriptions of what will be taught throughout the year.

*The F.I.R.E. Matrix will be sent home on Monday (Aug.29) to show the expectations for student and staff behavior while in school. It is part of our PBIS program. It is a positive behavior program that is universal across all grade levels here at DDMS.

*Communication for the team is mostly e-mail and phone based. To contact me simply send an e-mail to
shoughton@wcpss.net and I will reply as quickly as possible. We can be contacted by phone at (919)233-4228.

***Much more information will be coming as the school year gets rolling. I am chomping at the bit to usher in a new class of 6th graders for my Ancient Civilizations class. I look forward to building relationships and teaching all of your children.