Tuesday, August 21, 2018

WELCOME TO MIDDLE SCHOOL!

Hey!!! (pun intended)




Welcome 6th graders!  This will be the beginning of your middle school career and we intend to make it great!

My name is Shelby Houghton. I teach Social Studies (Ancient Civilizations) up to the mid-fourteen hundreds for the 6th Grade Dolphin Team. This will be my 8th year teaching at Dillard Drive. As of this year I have been teaching for 18 years total with 6 of those years teaching 5th graders.  My first three years of teaching were spent in Phoenix, AZ.

  

I grew up in the Midwest in the states of Iowa and Nebraska and graduated from the University of Nebraska in 2001.  I have been married for eleven years and we have a daughter that is in the 5th grade.   


Communication for the team is mostly e-mail and phone based. To contact me simply send an e-mail to
shoughton@wcpss.net and I will reply as quickly as possible. We can be contacted by phone at (919)233-4228.

***Much more information will be coming as the school year gets rolling. I am chomping at the bit to usher in a new class of 6th graders for my Ancient Civilizations class. I look forward to building relationships and teaching all of your children.